You can bring all of the features of Ecamm Live with you into Google Hangouts using Ecamm's virtual camera feature. Here's how:
- Launch Ecamm Live and make sure the virtual camera is turned on. You'll find virtual camera in the Output menu. Please note: virtual camera is a Pro level feature. You'll have to be a Pro subscriber to connect Ecamm Live to Google Hangouts.
- Once you've turned on the virtual camera, quit and re-open Chrome. (Choose Quit Google Chrome from the Chrome menu at the top of the screen beside the menu.)
- Launch Google Hangouts. If you're using Chrome as your internet browser, make sure you're using the latest version of Chrome. Virtual cam will not show up in older versions of Chrome.
- Go into Google Hangouts and make a video call.
- Once you're in the call, select the gear icon and choose Ecamm Live as the camera source.
Virtual Camera Not Showing Up?
If Virtual Camera is not showing up as expected, try these troubleshooting steps.